NakedTurtle

Do you use a VPN?
by TheMartee, 15-07-2019 - 08:58 PM

Does anyone here use a VPN for your internet browsing purposes? For me, one of the barriers to using a VPN at first was that I was afraid of the loss of internet speed that I initially seemed to get. However, after some setting tweaks, it doesn't seem to actually have been significant enough for me to even notice a difference in anything I do. I do also use my VPN for use on my Amazon Firestick because of an IPTV app that I've got going (because I need me some films) but sometimes I use it to get around geo-filters because they are something I really hate. What's the actual point? 

Anyway, do you lot use a VPN at all? If so, why do you use it? If not, what would make you consider using one?

(15-07-2019, 08:58 PM)TheMartee Wrote: Does anyone here use a VPN for your internet browsing purposes? For me, one of the barriers to using a VPN at first was that I was afraid of the loss of internet speed that I initially seemed to get. However, after some setting tweaks, it doesn't seem to actually have been significant enough for me to even notice a difference in anything I do. I do also use my VPN for use on my Amazon Firestick because of an IPTV app that I've got going (because I need me some films) but sometimes I use it to get around geo-filters because they are something I really hate. What's the actual point? 

Anyway, do you lot use a VPN at all? If so, why do you use it? If not, what would make you consider using one?
Unless its something illegal then no

Most of the time I dont use a VPN simply because I have 200mb down/ 50 up and I dont want to sacrifice the speed.
Forum Owner || PM me for any site related issues / help

(22-07-2019, 01:22 PM)Trappa Wrote: Most of the time I dont use a VPN simply because I have 200mb down/ 50 up and I dont want to sacrifice the speed.
I mean I'm on a similar package to that and I can't say I'm seeing THAT much of a hit in terms of my speed. Sure, I'm not getting what I'm getting when I've got the VPN turned off but when I've got it turned on it's still not that bad (to the point it's noticeable for me anyway) in my opinion. Suppose it does depend on your usage of the net though.

Never, theres no need when I have my own rotating IP
[Image: XxX2TW5.gif]

LEAVE A LIKE OR GET REPORTED

Nah i like to take all the necessary risks.  Big Grin xx
DON'T LEECH - LEAVE A LIKE
[Image: 25a1eba62f2b18b4c097f2a44d573b76.gif]
All leechers will be reported & get banned

For my personal use no. But sometimes for special things yes.

Nah, only when downloading pron pressf

LEAVE A LIKE OR GET REPORTED