Antivirus Software
by Ash, 23-06-2019 - 03:07 PM

What Antivirus software do you currently use? And has it ever let you down?

I currently use Avast for my laptop (the free version) and I'm pretty happy with it. It has never let me down and doesn't push any of its premium features on to too much either. I love that it has a password manager that comes with the software as well which makes my job easier.

I use Malwarebytes & Avira
Forum Owner || PM me for any site related issues / help

(This post was last modified: 28-06-2019, 10:30 AM by TheJason.)
I don't use an anti-virus at the moment - but I should!  However, I get around things by avoiding risky sites.  Anyhow, when I did use one, I used WebRoot, but I'm not sure if it's really the best.

Now, while i have no anti-virus, I do have an anti-malware thing going.  In fact, like @Trappa, I use Malware Bytes, and I'm very satisfied with it - and, unlike the anti-virus, I find it's highly useful, possibly something I couldn't do without!

O.K., I have tried other anti-viruses in the past.  However, aside from System Shield (from Iolio) - as noted, I cannot see that any are superior to other ones.  I mean, I've tried so many (Avast, AVG, Bit Defender). Well, Avast did get rid of a terrible Facebook virus - via its boot scanning!

Using no antivurs at all and i had no big viruses in the last 5 years.
But i know many different types of viruses and how they work, where they hide most times i can delete them myself so i won't need a antivirus.
I had some little malware very often but its very easy to remove.
I woudn't use an antivirus at all because it takes a lot of cpu usage, and it won't protect you from the real big viruses, the big ones know where to hide in your system, they will recreate them self all the time...
And you can only remove those viruses when using an linux os or live dvd to access the hard drive and deleting the virus files.

Currently, I am using 360 Total Protection and 360 Internet Protection. While 360 Total Protection secures my computer from malicious attacks, 360 Internet Protection lets me use the internet safely. 360 Internet Protection warns me if the site I am visiting is malicious. I have been using this antivirus for a long time, maybe 3-4 years. Before that, I was using Panda Cloud, also a free antivirus.